12NMB1000 18 Sound 1200 Watt 8 Ohm Woofer Speaker NEW
12NMB1000 18 Sound
1200 Watt 8 Ohm Woofer Speaker
- The 12NMB1000 is a state of the art 12" midbass driver. Born from the best selling ceramic brother (12MB1000) It offers extreme power handling capability with exceptional sensitivity over the midbass frequency range in a very light weight package. It can be used with either direct radiating or horn loaded applications, as well as part of a 2 or 3-way system. It is ideally used in stage monitor, auditorium, touring and outdoor systems.
- The smooth curvilinear paper cone has a special high strength wood pulp composition designed to achieve the best possible linearity within the middle frequency range and to control bell-mode resonances around the cone. The cone is carried by a M-roll suspension, that provides amazing dampening and excursion control.
- The state-of-the-art voice coil employs our Interleaved Sandwich Voice coil (ISV) technology, in which a high strength fiberglas former carries windings on both the outer and inner surfaces. By mean of a balanced coil with uniform distribution of mass and motive energy, this technology assures an extremely linear motor assembly. The voice coil cooling has been achieved by incorporating airways between the chassis back plate and the top plate of the magnet which allow heated air from the voice coil and gap to be channeled away and dissipated by the chassis basket.
- This technology is the result of a meticulous design exercise using a sophisticated in-house 3D CAD facility. The magnetic structure has also been optimized using our in-house FEA CAD resource to maximize flux density in the voice coil gap.
- Eighteen Sound R&D has developed a special cone treatment specifically dedicated to improve the dampening properties of the moving assembly, thus considerably improving the transient response control. This treatment also gives water repellent properties to the cone, enabling the 12NMB1000 to be used in humid environments without damage.
- 102 dB SPL 1W / 1m average sensitivity.
- 100 mm (4 in) Interleaved Sandwich ISV copper voice coil.
- 600 W AES power handling.
- Excellent transient response.
- Very low power compression.
- Frequency Response: 60 to 3000 Hz
- Improved heat dissipation via unique motor design.
- Ideal for direct radiating or horn loaded midbass systems.