18LW2420 18 Sound 18" Subwoofer Speaker NEW
18LW2420 18 Sound
18" Subwoofer Speaker
- The 18LW2420 is the evolution of our industry standard 18LW1400 subwoofer. It is an extended low frequency loudspeaker designed for use as a low bass or subwoofer component, in either a reflex, bandpass or horn loaded configuration. The loudspeaker can directly retrofit 18LW1400 without cabinet modifications, while providing higher maximum SPL, increased program power handling and lower power compression. For optimum results we recommend amplifiers able to deliver 2600 Watt program power without clipping.
- Transducer design features include a large displacement suspension system which, in conjunction with a fiberglass reinforced, straight ribbed cone and the Eighteen Sound proprietary Triple Silicon Spider (TSS) technology, allows an ultra-linear piston action and provides full mechanical control across the entire working range.
- The 100 mm (4 in) inside-outside copper voice coil based on Interleaved Sandwich Voice coil (ISV) technology provides high levels of thermal stability and durability. In order to furtherly increase power handling and reduce power compression figure, 18LW2420 uses the same voice coil ventilation technology developed for our flagship 9000 neodymium transducer series. A special low density material air diffractor has been placed into the backplate acting as a cooling system, increasing power handling capability and lowering the power compression figure. As a final result Eighteen Sound engineers obtained almost 1 dB reduction in full power power compression value if compared to 18LW1400, and an increased program power handling value of 2400 Watt.
- The low distortion and unmatched sound quality of the 18LW2420 has been significantly improved by Double Demodulating Rings (DDR) embedded in the pole piece of the magnetic structure. These have been designed to reduce the intermodulation and harmonic distortion while improving the transient response. A 10% reduction in weight has been obtained optimizing the magnetic structure through advanced FEA CAD simulation tools.
- The 18LW2420 is able to perform properly under inclement weather conditions: the exclusive cone treatment improves pulp strength and gives water repellent properties to both sides of the cone. In addition, the special treatment applied to top and back plates of the magnetic structure is far more resistant to the corrosive effects of salts and oxidization.
- Nominal Diameter 460 mm (18 in)
- Rated Impedance 8 Ohm
- AES Power 1300 W
- Program Power 2600 W
- Peak Power 8000 W
- Sensitivity 97 dB
- Frequency Range 29 - 2500 Hz
- Power Compression -10dB 0,7 dB
- Power Compression -3dB 1,5 dB
- Power Compression Full Power 2,2 dB
- Max Recomm. Frequency 500 Hz
- Recomm. Enclosure Volume 130 ÷ 350 lt. (4,59 ÷ 12,36 cuft)
- Minimum Impedance 6,3 Ohm at 25°C
- Max Peak To Peak Excursion 56 mm (1,97 in)
- Voice Coil Diameter 100 mm (4 in)
- Voice Coil Winding Material copper
- Suspension Triple roll, Polycotton
- Cone Straight Ribbed, Treated paper
- Fs 33 Hz
- Re 5 Ohm
- Sd 0.1225 sq.m.
- Qms 7
- Qes 0.33
- Qts 0.31
- Vas 255 lt.
- Mms 192 g.
- BL 24.6 Tm
- Xmax 10 mm
- Le (1Khz) 1.8 mh
- Ref. Efficiency (half space) 2,7%
- Overall diameter 462 mm
- Mounting holes 8
- Holes diameter 8.5 mm
- Bolt circle diameter 440 mm
- Baffle cutout (front) 416 mm
- Baffle cutout (back) 422 mm
- Total depth 215 mm